Friday, February 10, 2012

Of Pinterest

Source
Hi, Friends!

I have a confession (or is it a profession?) to make. I'm not ashamed of it, but I feel it only fair to be completely honest and up front with you...I'm addicted to Pinterest. Have you heard of it? Are you on it?

For those who don't know, Pinterest is an online pin board. Members pin ideas, inspirations, tutorials, fashion, and all kinds of other things they want to share. Anyone can peruse the pins (at least those that members made public). However, in order to create your own boards and pin or repin, you need to become a member. Don't let the invitation process scare you off. It took me more than a week to receive my invitation to join once I made initial contact, but the wait is well worth it.


As someone who grew up filling notebooks with images, cartoons, sayings, articles, and other clippings in a physical notebook, this is a dream come true for me in this virtual, technological savvy world we live in. I can capture, track, and sort my ideas, projects, home life, and pin things from sites I find of interest. But what is more fun and even more important is I get to learn from, get inspired by, and learn from so many other uber creative people, including my friends who are on the site.

I have to give it up to Pinterest founder, Ben Silbermann. His vision for the site is as a place for people to express themselves. He wants the site not to keep you behind a computer but inspire you to get up and do what you love.

So here's an example of how I use it for my life and what you may find Of Pinterest...

I'm continuously stumped as to how to effectively arrange our rectangle living room. It's small with three doorways/entries, a fireplace, and three sets of windows. This is our only hang out area in the house so it needs to be a tv room, family room, playroom. Eventually we want to make one of the bedrooms more high-functioning by turning it into a guest room/office/playroom...or better yet, add on to the house (I don't see that happening anytime soon, but when it does, I'm ready with my ideas :-)

So, thanks to the amazing pinners and the power of the web, I've found some great pics and inspirations for our living room arrangement and furniture/storage pieces that we may want to look at, thrift, build (will have to be a beginner project since my husband freely admits he is good at writing checks --- love that he knows his limitations :-), purchase or make. Here it goes ::

...to arrange...
Source via BHG
...to kid-friendly...
Source via BHG
Source
...to make...
Source via Design Sponge

Source using this tutorial

...to buy...
Source via IKEA
...to organize...
Source via BHG

Source

...to colorize...
Source

...to personalize...
Source
...to inspire...
Source
Where do you get your ideas and inspiration? What are your tips for arranging a multifunction space?

This weekend, I was hoping to tackle some of these ideas, but it looks like it is not to be. C has the Rotavirus (poor thing) and M has the cold of all colds and we are on asthma-flair-up watch with her as a result. It's also my hubby's birthday on Saturday! We are definitely going to take a break from snotty nose wiping, Clorox swiping, hand sanitizing mania to celebrate a wonderful man, who is my love, my inspiration, my everything!

Happy weekend!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment