Monday, January 23, 2012

Finding Zen

From Flickr

Don’t know about you, but I often find Monday’s to be a rough, slow-churning day. After two days off routine, I find myself in slow motion as I try to get my work brain gears turning. It’s especially tough after a fun-filled weekend filled with laughter, dance parties, basketball games, play dates, and lots of snotty snuggles.

Lately, I have found it hard to get motivated at my day job. I know part of it is being a smidge sleep deprived with C (my 7 mos. old) and M (my 2 yr. old) swapping colds and being completely off sleep schedules. But I also know it’s because I’m having a hard time carving out a few moments for myself to just get recharged. A wise woman and mom I know gave me some special advice when I was expecting M. She said, whether I was a morning person or not, I should try to get myself up before everyone else in the house. That way I had my time before the demands of the day and the household stirred. 

Admittedly, I have not been very good about using this valuable piece of advice. However, this sweet post on Babble has me thinking about new ways to recharge my morning routine and find those small moments of zen we all need to reinvigorate ourselves and get us set for a new week.

I'd love to hear your thoughts...How do you get yourself centered? How do you make time for yourself in the sea of routine and schedules?

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment